I hope you are doing well in these trying times. I wanted to give you an update on my action plan for Drake Fitness in regards to the coronavirus. I understand everyone is abiding by the recent mandates regarding non-essential business closures and stay at home policy by the City of Charleston and State of South Carolina. I do believe we can keep Charleston stronger and minimize the spread of Convid-19 with social distancing. I want to acknowledge the present COVID-19 outbreak situation and how I’m handling it here at Drake Fitness. Your health and the well-being of our entire fitness family is my top priority. Fortunately, Drake Fitness is not part of the City of Charleston. I hope to keep the doors open in a limited capacity, no more than 3 persons in a gathering, until otherwise notified.
It is imperative that we find other ways to stay socially engaged. I can say that I am already more connected to my family and friends than ever. I would like to keep my connection with you and the STrong community that has formed at Drake Fitness. I’m eager to explore other ways for us to continue training and maintain your health and fitness efforts! This is a grand opportunity for me to deliver an even better holistic movement experience tailored to your immediate needs. Stress reduction, body maintenance, and goal setting are my specialties!
It is more important now than ever to fortify your body, mind, and spirit for the battles ahead! Focus on better water intake , more sleep , better eating and movement that heals. Like everyone else, my own training and eating habits have been severely compromised. As a result, my body is missing mobility and feeling much stiffer than usual. How about you?!? I also need to get back to normal with my training! I’m planning to re-start the StrongFirst Q&D protocol and explore Pavel’s Simple and Sinister program, with plenty of extra sunshine and fresh air to stimulate my immune system! What works for me may not work for you, but I can help you find your program minimum for optimal health and design it with whatever equipment you have available!
I know this is a serious situation and am following the guidance issued by the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and our local municipalities regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). I have always taken your safety and the cleanliness of my facility seriously. In order to ensure that we’re not only keeping you safe while you’re here, but making sure you also feel confident, here is what I am doing now:
- Erin Lingle has decided to explore other options to train her clients and has terminated her contract with Drake Fitness. Although I am sad to see her go, this will help with limiting your potential exposure to others. As of this past Monday, the amount of traffic in the studio has been reduced by 80%. Class sizes have been reduced to only 2 participants per class with the option for others to follow along via Zoom. I’m ready to switch all classes and private sessions to virtual online experiences to keep you moving! I have also temporarily suspended the evening 530pm classes. I am open to adding a virtual afternoon class if there is enough interest. So please send your request!
- I have quadrupled cleaning efforts at the studio. Extra-strength disinfectants are being used to clean EVERYTHING. I’ve added Antibacterial wipes and bottles with Simple Green-D Pro 5, a one-step disinfectant that has a high level of active ingredients for heightened efficacy against Hepatitis B and C, Human Coronavirus, Canine Distemper Virus, and Avian Influenza, just to name a few, for equipment after use.
- I suggest bringing your own towel and mat for groundwork. Cleaning all equipment before and after being touched is just good for everyone! Every client should wash their hands upon arrival and upon leaving!
- I will schedule all sessions with a minimum 30-minute delay time to mop floors, clean all door handles, equipment and the restroom. This will also allow clients to arrive and leave without crossing other clients. I am more than happy to train outdoors behind the gym or at Medway Park if you simply don’t want to step in the studio!
- I will relax my 24-hr cancellation policy through May 1st. If you have a fever, dry couch, and extreme congestion, please stay home! I will gladly reschedule your session at a later date.
How can I best serve you in your fitness habits and stay connected?
- If you are used to having private sessions only, I would invite you to try a complementary 30 minute 1on1 Zoom session in the comfort of your own home. I ask that you send me a list of equipment you have at home. Single sessions will be billed at $85. I will offer an online special 10-pack of sessions for $750, an extra $5 off my usual package rate of $80. If you were doing 2 times a week with me, how about reducing it to once a week or every other week?!? Online training can also involve nutrition coaching and strategic wellness planning!
- Do you need a 2-4 week program to self-implement? I can design a program based on your goals, equipment, and workout setting!
- This is a great time to try a virtual KB Strong class as well! Check out the schedule, purchase a package and register here: https://drake.fitness/group-fitness-charleston *Again, there will be a 2 person limit to class, until further notice. Once full, there will be a second virtual class added to the schedule which can have up to 100 participants. (Wouldn’t that be awesome!) If the situation changes, and I am no longer able to provide in-person classes, I have a plan to deliver my service and support virtually so that I can still deliver you quality training, guidance and corrective coaching!
- I will have room in my schedule to train 1 or 2 sessions per day at client’s homes if location and timing are possible. Traveling to your home will incur a 1.5 hour charge to allow for transit time. I can also help you set up a more favorable home gym by installing a suspension device, and finding/loaning you the equipment you need!
- No extra charge if you want to train behind the studio or at Medway Park.
- None of this is written in stone, so don’t hesitate to offer up some new ideas!!!
The service industry has been hit especially hard because of the coronavirus outbreak. Please continue to support local businesses while maintaining your own safety efforts. I will continue to reach out often to keep you informed and aware of my plan. Thank you for being a part of Drake Fitness and choosing me as your coach. I look forward to getting through this together!
Sincerely, David Drake